Thursday 28 April 2016

LO2: Legal And Ethical

Copyright ensures the protection of a person/companies individual product, this protect their work from being stolen by other individuals and gives them full coverage over the thing which they're getting copyright protection over. Anyone who breaks this copyright law will be prosecuted and will have to pay the individual/company for using their product.

Speaking on my photography unit, I will not be using images from any other photographer so I will not need to gain an permission from them, because all my work will be originally created by me. How ever, if I was to use someone else's images within my editing stages of my shoot I would need top gain their permission first by giving them release and consent forms before I can actually use their image. This is done to ensure my protection when borrowing the images from any individual photographer or an companies, therefore I will not be prosecuted for using any of their materials.

When taking pictures on public land I must be sure that I am allowed to take photographs, this is because sometimes certain public places prohibit the idea of letting people take photographs on their land, unless they have their permission first. For my shoot it will be fine due to the fact that I am a UTC Sheffield student who is using their property for my shoot, so I will not need to contact anyone in terms of being allowed to use the land.

The model I have for my photograph is Salik Nawas, he has given me his permission to let me take pictures of him for my shoot. My shoot is in a public place, right on the UTC Sheffield premises, so I will not need permission when taking my shoot, due to the fact that I am a student at the college.

Representation is a major when taking my pictures, this is due to the fact that you do not want your images to have a negative affect on the audience you're trying to attract. This would compromise your shoot and cause major problems within the pre-production process of the shoot. It is important to make sure you have suitable images that cause no negative representations.

I am going to ensure that I do not misrepresent my model, I do not intend to ruin his reputation or life through my shoot because that can be very stressful for the model himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment